The Graduate Support Program (“GSP”) is a vital part of the commitment Serviam makes to each of its students as she continues her education through high school and in college.
High School Prep Classes
Our 7th and 8th grade Scholars begin taking high school prep classes to help them prepare for high school. The classes address the following topics:
- Life Skills
- Communication, Research, and Presentation skills
- Self-Exploration and Identity
- High School, College, and Career Exploration
- High School Test Preparation
High School Admissions Support
Serviam has a partnership with LYTE – Leading Youth Through Empowerment Program – to help support the high school admissions process for our 8th grade Scholars. LYTE’s mission is to lead middle school students to top performing Delaware high schools. The LYTE/Serviam partnership sets out to support our families with mandatory rigorous tutoring the summer before 8th grade & throughout the school year, personal mentorship, and high school application support. In addition to the support LYTE provides to our Scholars, the GSP also provides:
- Individual family meetings with the GSP director to identify viable high school options for the student
- Coordination of “shadow days” for the students to visit the schools
- Schedule coordination and important date reminders
- Interview and admissions testing preparation; and,
- Assistance in completing applications.
Life After Serviam
Upon graduation, through the teachings of St. Angela Merici and the guidance of faculty, staff, and administration, a graduate of Serviam Girls Academy will be able to:
- Carry on and live out the qualities of the Serviam Pledge, including
Community, Respect and Responsibility, Integrity, Service, and Pride
- Value learning as a lifelong process.
- Think critically with a sense of global awareness.
- Broaden her awareness of self and the world through cultural experiences.
- Maintain her composure in the face of challenges.
- Be confident and competent in self-expression.
- Understand and embrace the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
- Accept accountability for personal choices.
- Seek God through prayer.
Ongoing Engagement & Support After Graduation
The role of the GSP after graduation is to support alumnae as they move through high school and beyond, making sure they have the resources they need to achieve their educational, career, and personal goals.
GSP support includes:
- Formal visits, at least 4-5 times per year, to their respective high schools in coordination with their guidance counselors.
- One on one meetings outside of school to engage with alumnae who need extra support and follow-up
- Informal visits to sporting events, concerts, impromptu occasions.
- College guidance as they prepare for, and go through, the college-admissions process
- Regular communications via newsletters, texts, email and social media
- Programming to offer support, provide skill development, and build community.
- Open invitation to to come back to Serviam to do service hours, mentor current students, or simply to visit.
Alumnae High Schools, Colleges, and Universities
Alumnae High Schools
- Appoquinimink High School
- Archmere Academy
- Centreville-Layton Preparatory School
- Christiana High School
- Concord High School
- Conrad Schools of Science
- Delaware Academy of Public Safety and Security
- Delcastle Technical High School
- Design Lab School
- Early College High School
- Hodgson Technical High School
- Howard High School of Technology
- Layton Prep
- Mount Pleasant, IB Program
- Newark High School
- Padua Academy
- Randallstown High School (Maryland)
- St. Elizabeth’s High School
- St. Mark’s High School
- Sanford School
- Smyrna High School
- The Tatnall School
- Tower Hill
- Ursuline Academy
- William Penn High School
- Wilmington Christian School
- Albright College, PA
- Alderson Broaddus University, WV
- Cabrini College, PA
- Delaware State University, DE
- Delaware Technical Community College, DE
- George Mason University, VA
- Goucher College, MD
- Hampton University, VA
- Hood College, MD
- Howard University, D.C.
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania, PA
- LIM College, NY
- Lincoln University, PA
- Middle Georgia State University, GA
- Moore College of Art & Design, PA
- Morgan State University, MD
- Neumann University, PA
- Norfolk University, VA
- Penn State University, PA
- Pitzer College, CA
- Salisbury University, MD
- University of the Arts, PA
- University of Delaware, DE
- University of Hartford, CT
- Virginia Wesleyan University, VA
- Washington College, MD
- Wesley College, DE
- Wilmington University, DE