What we expect from you, the student. You will:
- Attend each class/lab.
- Remain respectful in your communication with all participants.
- Arrive on time, ready to participate and with a desire to learn.
- Sit upright, at a desk or table, where you can give your full attention to the session.
- Wear your Serviam shirt; be aware of your surroundings and background.
- Review course content and have your class materials (textbooks, class notes, calculator, etc.) with you.
- Attempt homework on your own before bringing it to a tutor for help; we cannot do homework for you.
- Prepare specific questions, problems or concepts to address ahead of time.
- Where possible, log onto Zoom in a common space where you will not be distracted but where an adult can observe, if desired.
- Create a positive learning environment and minimize noise, interruptions, food, cell phones, etc..
- Please do not eat during your session.
- Make the most of your time with your tutor; ask questions, actively work to resolve them.
What you can expect from us. We, the tutor, will:
- Abide by the requirements laid out in COPPA.
- Set clear expectations about the session and encourage you to be an independent learner, actively listen and ask clarifying questions.
- Offer a positive attitude and be respectful of your diverse perspective, learning style.
- Create a positive learning environment and minimize noise, interruptions, food, cell phones, etc.
- Address your questions -- and engage you in identifying the answers -- to the best of our ability.
- Share our knowledge of other available resources to assist in your success.
- Welcome Serviam faculty and administration as well as parent/guardian observation, both announced and unannounced.