Paraprofessional (Hourly) - 20 hours a week
*Must be available during the hours of 9:00am - 2:00pm Monday through Friday
Serviam Girls Academy (SGA) of Wilmington, Delaware is a Catholic, tuition-free middle school that educates girls in grades 5-8 from under-resourced communities. Serviam’s mission is to cultivate the potential of young women through a challenging,
holistic education rooted in the Ursuline tradition. Serviam offers an extended day and year model, partnerships with familiesand community members, and support for students beyond graduation.
Reports to: Principal
Serviam Girls Academy prides ourselves on providing students a vibrant learning experience in a welcoming environment. Our teachers count on paraprofessionals to bring the best to the classroom, delivering high-quality learning experiences every
day. The ideal candidate has prior experience in this role and is able to adapt to the changing nature of the classroom and its multitude of demands. S/he will work closely with an assigned teacher and support them in their duties. Typical tasks include working with students in groups and individually during lessons, assisting with lesson plans and materials, and writing progress reports. The thriving paraprofessional is caring, compassionate, and committed to each student’s success.
- Helping pupils with their learning, often with a particular focus on math, reading and writing
- Supervising group activities
- Setting up equipment for lessons and keeping classrooms safe and tidy
- Helping develop programmes of learning activities and adapting appropriate materials
- Motivating and encouraging pupils
- Monitoring and recording children’s behavior and progress
- Helping with school events, trips and activities
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform all essential duties. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Commitment to the mission of Serviam Girls Academy
- High school diploma or GED required
- Proven experience working with students
- Effective communication skills; oral, written, and visual with adults and children
- Understanding of basic principles of childhood development
- Familiarity with educational software or willingness to learn
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
This position description does not imply that the stated requirements are the only expectations for the position. Incumbents are expected to perform any other duties that may be assigned. Serviam Girls Academy has the right to revise this position
description at any time.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit their resume with a cover letter to Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Serviam Girls Academy does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other status protected under law.
Serviam Girls Academy does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family
responsibility, personal appearance, genetic information, matriculation, political affiliation, or any other status protected under law.